SiteApex Administration Help & Tutorials
Please use the topic links below to see a list of tutorials for that particular topic or module. Or you can use the search button to search for help on a specific topic.
Note: there are a few non-default modules listed here. Please contact sales if you are interested in any of these modules.
- Getting Started
- Page Editing
- Ad Manager
- Blog Module
- Bulletin Board (BBS)
- Calendar Manager
- File Manager
- Form Builder
- League Module
- Media & Resource Library
- News Letters
- News Manager
- Photo Album
- Staff List
- Shopping Cart
- Directories Module
- Indexed Articles
- Job Posting
- Mobile Devices
- Control Panel
- SMTP - Outgoing Mail
- Security & User Groups
- WCAG / Website Accessibility
Creating A Calendar Event
Once you have created a calendar (click to learn how to make a calendar) you will want to add your events next.
- Continue in the Modules area of the Admin and make sure you are in the 'Calendar Manager' module by clicking on the module name in the left menu.
- If you have created a calendar click "Add Event".
- Complete all the settings you require for your event and click "Submit" at the bottom of the page. Below are descriptions of the event features and additional ways to use your calendar event.
Setting Event Options
Watch Video on this subject
Choose which calendar the event should appear in.
Choose the start date of the event.
If the event occurs once then choose "One Time Event” and set the Duration to "1” (point 4.2.4). If it occurs for more than once, set the recurrence to daily (One Time Event), Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly and then set the Duration to "2” or more.
This option is used to set the number of Recurrences an event will last (point 4.2.3). If it is a weekly event for one year, set the Recurrence to "Weekly Event” and the Duration to "52”.
Allows you to give the event a name that will show up in the calendar for each day the event occurs.
On the calendar, the event names are links which, when clicked on by a visitor, open a pop-up window displaying the event description. This window can show text, photos, maps, email links, and other links.
Allows you to input content that will display in the pop-up window when someone clicks on the event. When entering content for this event window, consider answering the following questions your visitor will likely be looking for depending on the event:
Adding Events to the Coming Events Plugin
Go to the Calendar Manager Module under Modules.
- Click on "List Calendar Events"
- Click Edit on event you wish to have on the "Upcoming Events". Look for the "Show in Coming Events" field and turn this on to show this event in coming events or off if you do not wish it to show in the coming events.
Tip: If the event is still not displaying, ensure that it is "Active".
Deciding what events display in the Coming Events plugin
- Go to the 'Template Manager' under the main SiteApex area 'Control Panel'.
- Click 'Plugins' on the template that contains your "Coming Events".
- Find and edit your Coming Events plugin in your template and adjust the "Number of days ahead to display" field to change how many days ahead you want events to display on your website.
- Save Plugin and Publish the template changes.